Monday 13 May 2013

Welcome.....

Welcome to BitterSweet Curious Coffee's Blog.....
 
Hello and welcome to my blog. I have started this blog as an output for my crazy brain :) and i will be sharing my tea, coffee and chocolate secrets. 
 
So a bit about me.....I formed BitterSweet Curious Coffee as a new quirky way of selling top quality tea & coffee made to suit the individual anywhere anytime!
 
Where the idea came from....
After around 7 years of working in the mainstream coffee chains I noticed first-hand how the quality and service was slipping and found myself going to independent coffee shops and carts for a better cup of coffee!
I always wanted to run my own coffee shop so I could do things the right way. Therefore I decided to make my own mobile coffee wagon. Rather than selling coffee from an Italian mass produced coffee cart I decided I wanted to do something different. I wanted an English coffee cart selling not only fantastic coffee but also tea and cakes with a classic retro English twist. I have always been into the styles of the 1950's and wanted to be able to incorporate this into my business. So I then wondered what a 1950's English coffee car would be like.... then it came to me it doesn't get any more quintessentially English than a Morris Minor Traveller! (her name is Ruby!)
 
Starting the business.....
I managed to find a fine Traveller locally and she was ready to go other than working out how to convert her to make coffee! After a lot of research I managed to source all the equipment I needed and by removing the back seats Ruby was just the right size to fit everything in! I had a little help from my husband doing the fitting out and my electrician friend Ben from ELECtek Services who wired and tested all of my equipment into my car. I then had Ruby inspected by Breckland Council who awarded me with a 5 star food hygiene rating certificate! I was then ready to hit the road and start selling coffee with my own curious twist!
 
The road ahead....
I’m now doing a range of different events and markets ranging from farmers markets, festivals, local town markets and also will cater for weddings, parties and all other events. I can tailor my business to your own specifications, including speciality drinks, colour themes, cakes and any other wishes you may have designed around your theme and to your taste. Also very recently i have designed a full chocolate range, using loose leaf tea and coffee :) (post on this coming soon) So next time you want something just a little bit different at your event just give me a call!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodi,

    I'm excited and really looking forward to future posts on this blog, it's going to be fantastic.

    God Bless,

    Jacob

    http://jacobandjamie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete